Old June 24th 04, 06:54 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message ...
"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message

I believe the penalty for arriving early is having to wait in your plane
with the doors closed until the Customs Agent arrives. Also, IIUC, you can
contact the FBO by Unicom and have them update the agent on your arrival

Actually arriving early is suppose to be a $10,000 fine but I've never
heard of it being used. You can arrive 30 minutes late. You can also
update your time enroute without 30 minutes. So you can arrive with
only 30 minutes notice if you previously notified them of the hour.

Also, if you choose to use the ADVCUS on your flight plan (rather than
actually call them) understand that simply FILING the flight plane
causes the customs guy to drive out to the airport. They don't know
about opening. This often is a problem in Mexico were we file our
return flight plans weeks in advance since working phones are so rare
in Mexico.