Old June 28th 04, 07:31 AM
NW_PILOT

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
Glad to hear it...too many pilots fly over water without them. I've flown
the Astoria-Crescent City trip many times, staying within gliding distance
of the beach. South of Crescent City there are many places where there is

no
beach at all. For future reference, I have talked to CEC-based pilots who
tell me that the fog can roll in mighty fast...racing them to the airport.

Did you lean the mix when you pulled the carb heat on? Remember that

adding
carb heat richens the mixture and you should lean to compensate.

I was at cruise and yes I was leaned out as I always do at 2,350 rpm the air
was very stable winds aloft were almost non existent it did not even feel
like we were flying, I was just reading a post on google about flying the
150 with a little bit of carb heat on if your in a moist airmass as the
150's carb's really likes to ice up any truth to this? is it wise to cruise
with a little bit of carb heat on in the conditions I was in today?