Old August 14th 04, 06:20 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jim Cummiskey" wrote in message
news:YqrTc.37462$ih.26440@fed1read07...

You're changing your story. In your initial message you wrote; "At
5 miles from the airport (still offset from the centerline), I report '5
mile final'." So which is it? Were you on final when you reported
or were you offset from the centerline?

Both. I WAS on Final, and I WAS offset from the centerline. What a
concept!

Impossible. If you're offset from the centerline you're not on final.

You say that like it's a matter of opinion.

It certainly appears to be on this forum (and unlike some of you "Final is

Single Degree" Club members, I at least understand your opinion). Do you
understand mine? (as well as the opinons of those members of the ATC
community that I am basing my position on)?

It's not a matter of opinion. Others in this forum understand what "final"
means, you clearly do not.