Old August 16th 04, 03:42 PM
Dan Luke

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote:
Generally, by the time they know where the 'cane is going to hit,
it's too late to move anything. I guess you could just move the
plane to, say, Kentucky around the
first of August and leave it there until October.

Well, it's always a judgement call, but it's not *that* hard. I will move
mine if Hurricane Earl, for example is forecast to hit anywhere on the
central Gulf Coast within two days. If I'd been parking my airplane just
about anywhere on the west coast of Florida last week, I'd have flown it out
Wednesday.

It takes a direct hit from an extremely strong storm to do the kind of
damage seen in those pictures. Hurricane Danny came right up Mobile Bay a
few years ago and paused with its center less than ten miles from BFM.

http://www.southalabama.edu/meteorol...canedanny.html

No aircraft were seriously damaged on the airport, even though some were
left tied down outside.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM