Old July 2nd 04, 05:07 PM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 01:17:00 GMT, "Cy Galley"
wrote:

I would protect yourself with ground fault interrupters. One GCF can
protect several outlets.

I think the NEC now requires them. Making the first outlet a GFI can
eliminate the need for a GFI circuit breaker back at the panel and is
one whale of a lot cheaper. I used surface mount thin wall conduit
with a GFI outlet on each circuit. I have 6 circuits just for 110 VAC
outlets and three for 220.

The circuits for the outlets are arranged so if a breaker pops you can
pull the plug and still have power in the outlet beside it.

I saw a guy trip one with his fingers. Said he didn't feel it, but I
think I'll pass on that test myself. :-))

If you have any fuel burning heaters, get a CO detector.

I use one powered off the AC instead of straight batter power.
Only one in the shop but three in the house.

I decided to keep the compressor in the shop where it's warm with a
blow down line running outside. I need to plant some barberry bushes
around the outlet so no one will walk up in front of it although it is
pretty well protected...but junk.

Eventually I plan on building a sound proofed enclosure around the
compressor. Galvanized pipe for air lines around the inside of the
shop instead of having to pull a hose around.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com