Old November 10th 04, 08:30 AM
Kees Mies

Default Color scheme info wanted.

Hello all,

My plane needs a repaint.
The problem is that it is a bit of a wimpy plane to look at so I
tought to give it a more manly look.
I think NATO grey like F-15s with black lettering would be nice.
But, as a friend pointed out, visibility(thus safety) will not
improve.
Hmmm, true. But I do not like the idea about painting the wing tips
and top of the rudder bright orange.

Now I remember that WW1 battle ships had a color scheme with
white-blue-black surfaces on a gray background(a bit like a Mondriaan
painting) designed to make it difficult to estimate distance and
shape.

Does somebody know what this scheme is called or where I can find
pictures on the net?

Thanks,
Kees.