Old December 6th 04, 04:00 PM
Corky Scott

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:50:12 -0800, "BTIZ"
wrote:

everything is different on the right side.. (east), but I can show you
places where there is still a long way between landable airports... north
woods of Maine, NH and VT, but then in NH and VT the airports are closer
together.. and their idea of mountains is down around 4000-5000ft, the
highest point on the east is Mt Washington at 6288MSL. But you still don't
want to mess with it if you are not familiar with mountain effects winds and
weather.

Learned in NH, lived and have flown all over the country, central plains
mostly, and now Western mountains, Nevada/Arizona/Utah/California

BT

I did not realise that Vermont and NH had lots of airfields, doesn't
seem like it when I'm flying around up here. Plus, the area
contiguous to the Connecticut river valley is extremely inhospitable:
it's very rugged, hilly and has collected a number of airplanes over
the years. Remember the Learjet that went down around this time of
the year six or seven years ago? Wasn't found for 3 years even though
it was finally discovered right along the flight path of the approach
to Lebanon Airport. The guys just let down too early in the clag
after executing a missed approach. Let down into heavily wooded
rising terrain. Weather was nasty that day.

Corky Scott