Old December 16th 04, 11:48 PM
zatatime

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:10:04 -0500, "Happy Dog"
wrote:

"zatatime" wrote in message

I think that there's a certain measure of hyperbole involved. This has
happened plenty of times and the fuel doesn't drain at that rate. But I
don't doubt that it was a sobering experience.

No hyperbole at all. Since it's usenet, of course you're entitled to
your opinion, but what I saw was not part of usenet, nor were any of
the other witnesses. I'm sure each airplane is different due to the
amount of lift generated, and other factors. This airplane lost most
of its fuel once around the patch.

Not each 185.

Correct. I was thinking about 152 vs 172 vs 206, etc. What was in my
head was not transferred to "paper."

This doesn't come even close to the incidents I'm familiar
with. But I don't mean to downplay the seriousness of this mistake. It can
easily have fatal consequences.

Agreed.