Old January 3rd 05, 11:54 PM
Robert M. Gary

Ramapriya wrote:
Since every aircraft has a different way to approach an emergency,
which I think is the basic reason for having type-ratings individual

various models, how are emergency procedures taught during flight
training? Are they for just the aircraft on which the training is
imparted or are there sessions covering a whole range of popular
aircraft?

Of the several dozen piston singles I've flown, they've all been very,
very similar. There isn't really a need for type ratings in smaller
airplanes. From Mooneys to Bonanzas to Aeroncas to Citabrias, they've
all been pretty much the same. I've often taught in airplanes I've
never flown. They pretty much all fly the same.

-Robert, CFI