Old January 17th 05, 09:37 PM
Robert M. Gary

I think the big danger in getting the mains off while holding the
tail on is that the AOA could get high enough to stall a wing,

probably
the left one with power on, and the airplane could get scratched up
some in a hurry. A fella would want to be careful here.

We're only talking 5 inches or so. Besides, it takes a LOT of
uncoordination to make a Cessna 140 fall off on one wing. I've never
even seen a Cessna 140 "break" in a stall. It just kinda mushes down.
You could probably stall it at altitude and just ride the stall all the
way down to the runway with the yoke all the way back for a perfect
landing. Its a very forgiving airplane and probably the best student
airplane made (of course, I'm biased).

-Robert, CFI