Old January 28th 05, 05:55 AM
mindenpilot

"Dave S" wrote in message
ink.net...
So.. how do you propose these FBO's stay in business, pay for the lights,
the lease, the staff if you don't purchase their service or products?

Flying is not cheap.. and neither is fuel.. nor is the infrastructure.

I routinely fly other places and not buy fuel. And pretty much without
fail I ask at the desk if there is a fee of some sort for the use of their
facilities... and am grateful that they are in business providing those
facilities.

Dave

I wouldn't mind paying for something that I actually use.
I parked myself.
Tied myself down in an out-of-the-way little corner of asphalt, and was
there for about an hour and half.
$15 would buy me a week of tie-down at Minden.
Besides, as others will verify, they make their money from hangar rentals
and the biz jets.

Actually, I don't even really mind the fee, it was just surprising.
What really gets me is the $3.73/gal.
How can it be $1.00/gal more for fuel at an FBO that undoubtedly has higher
volume than where I get it 30 miles away?
That is the part that is robbery.

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III