Old February 7th 05, 10:35 PM
Andrew Gideon

Gumby wrote:

wrote:
Hi - I am a 300+ hour private pilot who flies out of the MacDan rental
club at Essex County.

I won't hold that against ya. Those guys were scumbags 12-15 years ago.
Don't if they've changed hands or not but I used to avoid them like the
plague.

Hmm. I like MacDan, although I am aware of certain "issues" there. But my
experiences are a lot more recent, so perhaps they did change hands
between.

What I like is that they've new (or nearly new) 172SPs on the line. They're
well maintained, even to the point where the GPSs are kept current.

What I dislike is that they've nothing new and larger. They used to have a
182SP, for example, but no longer. They do have a Cardinal (I think, or
perhaps some other small retract Cessna) but it's pretty aged.

I am looking to rent a six seat single engine
aircraft (Saratoga, etc) for occassional use so I can carry more
passengers. I have been flying for eight years out of TEB and now
CDW.

Does anyone know of any FBOs or owners who might be interested in
renting this type of aircraft?

Most decent FBO's have 6 seaters for rent. How about Caldwell Air Service,
are they still there? (guy named Neil?)

Larry is the owner of CAS. I know they've a small twin there (its make
escapes me at the moment), but I don't think they've a six-seater.

You might also check with Lincoln Park Aviation. They too tend to carry
nice aircraft, although I don't know that they've a six-seater off hand.

If HPN isn't too far for you, check out the Westchester Flying Club there.
I'm pretty sure they've one or two Bonanzas on the line there, and what
I've read about them makes it seem like a good club.

- Andrew