Old August 29th 04, 02:27 PM
Legrande Harris

In article ,
(Badwater Bill) wrote:

Everything about Moore is like this Chuck. In the latest fictional
movie 9-11 he misrepresented almost all of it. He offers anyone a
reward to prove that there is anything untruthful about the movie. It
just goes to show that the manipulation of the English language by the
media can portray any emotion or opinion it desires, without lying (in
the text). It's an interesting thing actually. Moore is a master of
the art of propoganda. He can create an emotion in an individual that
is 180 degrees from the truth, but can do it by speaking words that
would be interpreted in court as the truth. Of course you need the
camera too. Without the camera I don't think it would work.

I think Moore is a master at propoganda. I'd give the guy an Oscar
just because he's an artist at manipulating our language, the camera
shots, and the emotion to create the emotional effect he desires,
without ever really telling a lie in the sense of the use of words to
do it.

The guy is tallented. The trouble is that I think he hurts our
country by what he does. That's where I draw the line between the
asshole and a respectable human being. Someone will bitch-slap the
**** out of him before it's over. You'll see.

BWB

OT, but my favorite "lie" is in a commercial for a weight loss product
where they offer a "money back guarantee that you will lose up to 50 lbs
simply by using their product."

LG