Old December 20th 04, 09:41 AM
Ingo Schulz

PJ Hunt wrote:
The slowest IFR helicopter is Category A just like any other Category A
aircraft. Why does anything need to be changed?

Perhaps you have heard that nowadays many are considering the
integration of rotorcraft in the air traffic management (regional
flights) for airport congestion alleviation. The point is, to achieve
congestion alleviation you need simultaneous non-interfering (SNI)
procedures. But SNI procedures aren't feasible in every airport. That's
why I want to find out how one can optimize todays rotorcraft
procedures, so that the many rotorcraft that are going to be integrated
in the ATM will not increase but reduce congestion on busy airports.

Perhaps I should have written in my original post that rotorcraft would
use GPS to get to the intercept point and then land using ILS.

Well, I hope I clarified why I would like to know what the minimum safe
distance is for intercepting the glide path.

Ingo