Old July 26th 03, 06:50 PM
Dave Martin

Andreas,

Without wanting to prolong the argument
There appear to be two ways of achieving the same objective,
pilots should just chose the one they are happy with.
I trust the John Delafield theory and find it works,
others prefer yours and Berts

Dave
14:06 26 July 2003, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:31:35 +0200, 'Bert Willing'
wrote:

Flaps are just a pitch control which is more direct
than the stick. I do
accelerate by pushing the flaps to negativ, and I deccelerate
by pulling
them to positive settings. Works very nicely (but still
using the stick :-)
I don't see why I should use negativ flaps to pull
up.

Yup. Always keep the AoA constant by using the flaps.
I think the procedure that is described in the ASW-20's
manual
describes the physics very well.

Bye
Andreas