Old August 14th 03, 11:29 PM
Kirk Stant

(Hank Nixon) wrote in message . com...

A bit of a challange for Kirk:
Please provide info to member of the rules comm. as to what rule says
that team flying is not allowed in US competition. I have not been
able to find such a rule.

Others have beaten me to it. But there it is.

Team flying happens now- you simply are not aware of it.

Sure it does. Depending on your point of view, it is either friends
flying together, or cheating. Take your pick...

Would be interested in your explanation of why the new 18M World
Champion beat the only team in the 18M- the former WC and his brother.
Possibly you can explain how John Coutts managed to win the 15M with
no team mate.

Look back over the past several WGCs and I think you will find team
flying has had significant effects on the scores.

As to getting beaten by Mac. He is an excellent pilot who has
dedicated his life becoming the best pilot he can be. I consider him a
friend and find it insulting to him that you would refer to him in
such a manner.

Oh give me a break. That's like saying you wouldn't care if your
favorite football team - which lets say has lots of talent to choose
from - gets consistently beaten by some team from the backwoods that
plays everybody they've got. I ****es me off not because they are
better, which they obviously are, but because we should be better. I
know I sure as hell was ****ed off when Australia, then New Zealand,
took the America's cup away. And cheered when we took it back, and
was ****ed again when we lost it again.

Heaven forbid a little passion in our sport - someone will just make a
rule to eliminate it. Safer, you know.

Kirk
66