Old September 19th 03, 07:21 PM
John Galloway

At 17:42 19 September 2003, Marc Ramsey wrote:

I believe some recent Ventus 2 wings were also constructed
in the Czech factory,
I would hope they have plans to inspect those, as well.

Marc,

Agreed.

However, according to what we were told the construction
technique error on the Duos, at least, was so simple
and specific that they might be able to positively
identify some Czech spars that are not under suspicion.

IMHO it would be in Schempp-Hirth's best interests
to publish a full account of the production problem,
the rationale behind the inspection and repair procedure,
and the actions taken to ensure future quality standards.

John Galloway