Old October 18th 03, 07:53 PM
Eric Greenwell

In article ,
says...

Not TCAS, TCAD. Like TPAS, it's passive, so there's no big power drain for
a transmitter . . some of the low end TPAS units run on AA cells,
independent of the airplane's power supply . . .
(These units depend on the target's transponder responding to some OTHER
radar interrogation . . ) That's what made me think SOMEONE om a g;oder out
there might be trying one of the TCAD units, which apparently has a little
better logic circuit in it that TPAS. . . .

Are you talking about the Ryan TCAD system? It's quite large, power
hungry (1.2 amps), and expensive ($10,000) for a glider, I think. See

http://www.ryan-tcad.com/products/traffic_9900B.html

It's the only TCAD system I'm aware of.
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)