Old October 28th 03, 11:32 AM
Ray Lovinggood

Erik,

I have a Microair transceiver in my glider and think
it is good for the money. I receive most transmissions
loud and clear except for one other glider that uses
another Microair! I don't know why that is and I have
not done anything about it.

Others say my transmissions are loud and clear.

I do like the memory function where I can store, I
think, 25 frequencies. I've stored our airport's 'unicom'
frequency and other 'unicom' frequencies for other
local airports. And, of course, I have 123.3 in memory.
The radio also has a 'flip-flop' feature where the
'active' frequency is shown on the top display line
and the 'standby' frequency is shown on the lower display
line. A quick flip of the toggle switch moves the
standby to active and vice-versa.

The radio is small not only from the face, but also
in length. I don't think it is more than about seven
inches long.

For wiring, I had to beg a friend to do the soldering
of the connections. The connector which attaches to
the rear of the radio looks like some type of computer
connector to me, with about 15 pins, but only a few
of these are used for the setup. Since I'm all thumbs,
especially when it comes to work like this, I get help.
I would imagine this could be the same for a Becker,
Filser, or a Dittel.

I also installed the Microair boom microphone.

Would I buy another Microair radio? Yes.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
LS-1d, s/n 27, 'W8'

At 08:18 28 October 2003, Erik Bennekou \privat\ wrote:
Hi!

My old VHF-Transceiver in my LS1-0, is old and getting
instable. It is
therefore time for replacement!

I have found Microair 760 VHF Transceiver on the internet.
Dual display and
output 4W.

I have found a dealer of the Transceiver here in Denmark.
The Transceiver is
in use in UltraLight Planes.

Do any of your gliders, have any experiences, positive
and negative, using
this Microair 760 VHF Transceiver in gliders.

Best Regards

Erik Bennekou, LS1-0 #002,
Copenhagen, Denmark