Old October 30th 03, 01:00 PM
Ian McPhee

I am pleased to read positive reports on Microair. I have always found
receive excellent. There have been a few problems but read their
service section especially if you get strange characters on the
display. I must own up to being the maker of the boom microphone for
Microair. There could be about 15 microphones out there with a
possible problem mic insert and the sr no would have been early 600
(now over 1200) The insert got changed by supplier before I realised
there was a problem and I was able to get about 30 back in. The next
problem is associated with Icom Boom mics with their insert which on
occasions just does not transmit. People blame the radio but it is
the Icom insert. I strongly recommend you fit a small press switch
just below your little finger on stick then load about the 5 most used
frequencies and by 2 or 3 presses you can change to any desired freq
without ever touching the radio. I also recommend the back light be
activated by another press button so that after dark you can read the
freq incase of emergency. I supply both these with the harness I
supply and I really hope you do this. For what it is worth you may be
interested in another Aussie radio called x-com which will come out
soon I believe.
Ian McPhee
Box 657 Byron Bay NSW 2481 Australia
tel +61 2 66 847642 mob +61 428 847642