Old November 30th 03, 08:42 PM
Christian Husvik

Hei,

Waduino wrote:

For the benefit of a newbie (me), could someone provide the short, i.e. not
the long, technical, legal, or whatever definition of the following:
1. Club Class

Basically older no longer competitive standard class gliders. Contests
are scored according to a handicaping system. Only a limited handicap
range is permitted. See www.wgc2004.no.

2. Sport Class

Same as Club Class, but wider handicap ranges permitted to enter, I
beleive. Also older 15m class gliders are permitted. Basically the US
counterpart to the European/international club class, but is also
popular in other countries. Propably not as "serious" as club class.
Rules and definitions might vary between countries.

Standard class has wing span limmited to 15m, and no chamber changing
flaps are allowed.

3. 15m Class - OK, I can guess wing span limited to 15m

Jepp. And chamber chainging flaps are permitted. Also, for some
reason, called "racing class".

4. 18m Class - another guess, wing span limited to 18m.

Jepp.

Christian 8-)