Old December 19th 03, 08:25 AM
Dave Kuchenbecker

(Mhudson126) wrote in message ...
I know this has been visited before, but it did not concern me, as I had no
glass airplane to adhere a set of letters too. As it stands, I am trying to
remove some painted on contest letters from both the wing and tail. I know
Acetone does the trick...But any suggested methods to apply it would be
appriciated!
-Mitch

Mitch

First go to rite aide and get your self a king size bottle of flexall
454 cause your gonna need it.

I went thru the same drill 2 years ago. It's all about elbow grease
and a well ventilated area.

I started out pretty sparringly on a clean shop rag and watched the
progress.

Good luck I think it took me about 12 hours to remove that numbers on
the fuselage and the underside of the wing.

Dave