Old January 18th 04, 06:57 PM
Mark James Boyd

Bill Daniels wrote:
Denis, you should read up on the French designer Charles Fauvell and his
flying wings. They flew pretty well although I think Jim Marske's designs
are showing higher performance.

Tailless designs fly quite well and the performance really doesn't suffer.
They would be perfect for small jet engine self launchers.

Bill Daniels

There are some obvious reasons not to use a canard (towrope tangling,
landout damage, creates turbulence before the wing) but this
seems an option as well... I've only flown one canard aircraft,
(and never a flying wing) so I may delve into this more...