Old February 11th 04, 06:56 AM
W.J. \(Bill\) Dean \(U.K.\).

Chris,

When, where and with whom did you train as a gliding instructor?

Have you any experience of the K13, which is typically the type of glider
which would be used in the U.K. for this type of training?

Which type of glider do you use when you give training in spin entry and
recovery?

Have you any experience of gliding accident investigation, or acquaintance
with those who have?

Do you have any idea how the U.K. record of solo stall/spin accidents
compares with that in the U.S.A.? (I don't).

In other words, do you really know what you are talking about when you
criticise U.K. methods of stall/spin training?

Bill.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"Chris OCallaghan" wrote in message
om...

I just read Bill Dean's post and the quote from the BGA instructor's
manual, to wit:

"As this training progresses, it is necessary to introduce brief spins
where the ground is noticeably close. This is to ensure that the trainee
will take the correct recovery action even when the nose is down and the
ground approaching. A very experienced instructor flying a docile two
seater in ideal conditions may be prepared to initiate a brief spin from
800'. A less docile two seater with a less experienced instructor, or
less than ideal conditions, should raise the minimum height considerably."

Dumb.