Old March 13th 04, 03:28 AM
Reuben

John,

How about a ground crew that makes a wrong turn, have a flat, realize
they left the jack at home, find that the spare is flat, drink all
their water, nearly die of dehydration before they realize that there
is beer in the cooler and then dump out all the ice to make shade out
the cooler (because they are hot), only to be rescued by a hermit
miner who feeds them donkey jerky for weeks, before they get the
courage to hike out with their rescue coming on highway 395 with the
realization that they were lost on the other side of Randsburg, CA.

Reuben

"John Shelton" wrote in message hlink.net...
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have been contacted by a television production company creating a series
on adventure sports. They were very impressed with the crappy media I gave
them about soaring and would like to include an "expedition" if we can meet
their parameters.

It is Friday afternoon and I have until Monday to come up with something.

So, put on your thinking hats: Do you know of an expedition (they call it)
conducted with a sailplane that went wrong and resulted in a survival
situation? It will be re-enacted. I have the actors. I have the sailplanes.
I will get the camera ship.

I need the story.

This will not be someone losing their yaw string and having to hitchhike to
a dress shop. It will not be JJ landing at a whorehouse with no money on
him. We are talking SURVIVAL. They will probably want to shoot in the US but
I did not ask if the story had to be an American story.

I wish I was getting paid but I am not. On the other hand, the actors will.

So either come up with an adventure or go out this weekend, land out in a
frozen wasteland, survive by eating your parachute, hike out to
civilization, loose two fingers to frostbite and come home a wiser man or
woman. (Do women get wiser or is that just they are?)

Thank you. And be quick.