Old April 6th 04, 05:30 PM
Eric Greenwell

Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
In article , Eric Greenwell
writes

B. Iten wrote:

I am (I think) a proud owner of a model 20 which is driving me up the
wall. Yesterday, I was flying our clubs Discus B with my logger
attached under the glare shield. On my flight, after I was off of tow,
the recorder recorded what looked and was shown as engine noise. The
engine noise also showed up in flight for a couple of minutes. A
friend of mine asked if I had the gear down during my initial climb
and I did. I also dropped the gear to drain my bladder once. My logger
is translating engine noise for gear doors open. Am I the only one
with this problem? Is there a sensativity adjustment that can be done?
I have the question posted to Cambridge but they are close now so I
figured I would see if someone out there had the answer faster.

What you describe is normal and proper operation of the recorder, unless
the values are very high. On my glider, gear down is around 40-50 units,
engine noise is over 200.

Are you sure about ENL of over 200?

Although the range of possible values is 0-999, on the Model 10/20/25
only values between 0 and 195 are recorded (in the .IGC file).

It would be interesting to see the .IGC file.

I was looking at the files with the old Cambridge DOS viewer, which does
show values to 400 for both the original CAI file and the post-flight
generated IGC file. The newer viewers (Cambridge's Aero Explorer and
Seeyou) seem to rescale the values to a full scale of 195 for both file
formats. I should have asked Brian which viewer he was using, but I
didn't realize the CAI values were being rescaled.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA