Old May 25th 04, 05:47 PM
Rory O'Conor

Last weekend the British Club Class team flew a
720km flight. In standard
Cirruses! In the UK!!!

My previous comment re publicising the achievements on
the UK ladder site apply, (unless a team has only one
member). I am also aware of at least a local 750km and
500km which have not been submitted.

Having spent many months, deleting emails entitled
"why soaring is declining" we have a day/weekend with
zillions of achievements.

We should be (a) ensuring that we record them all (ie
on the ladder site) and (b) using the collective
achievement as material for publicity. We need to make
the most of this weekend.

Maybe we can get some headline like "twice round the
world by UK glider pilots in one day" (may be
factually incorrect - although more correct than the
recent altitude record).

I will try to kick my local colleagues at Sutton Bank
to submit their flights.

Thanks to Weatherjack for the forewarning.

Rory