Old June 28th 04, 07:36 AM
Chris Rollings

Wally,

Regretably, Mr Johnson is right. There are no longer
any such things as single seat, two seat or motor glider
records - just Open Class, 15 meter and Feminine on
the British National and World lists plus Standard
and (I think) 20 metre on the UK Local list.

Care to join me on a campaigne to restore the distinctions?
I, for one think Russell's 1000 km flight on Friday
was of greater merit than the first UK 1000 km. One
pilot working at it non stop for eleven and a half
hours, compared to two pilots sharing the load for
twelve hours.

I have the greatest admiration for the terrific flights
that have been done in Argentina in the last few years,
but I will respect even more the pilot who does the
same thing solo and without an engine.

Chris Rollings

At 22:00 27 June 2004, Walter Kahn wrote:
Mr. Johnson has got it wrong yet again - I assume
that Gordon and his
co-pilot will have difficulty in claiming Nick Goodhart's
record as his
is the single seater goal flight record which, of course,
still stands.

Incidentally Nick also remains the current World Gliding
Two-seater
Champion. It has been reported that some people are
keen to revive this
class again.

Well done Gordon, Nimbus or whatever, well done all
the guys who did
great things on Super Friday. When you consider that
Gordon was towed
off at 0345 and one of the Lasham pilots completed
his 750k and landed
back at Lasham at 2130 - it was one hell of a day!
Wally Kahn
In article , Ian Johnston
writes
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 07:04:23 UTC, Gav Goudie
wrote:

: Nimbus
: 3D completed a declared goal of Aboyne (Scotland)
: Lasham, (Hampshire).

Does that mean that some rotten, unspeakable cad has
taken Goodhart's
Lasham to Portmoak record? If so, I am really disappointed
- sorry
guys, but doing it in a Skylark 3 is much, much, much,
much more of an
achievement than using a Nimbus 3D.

Seriously, I hope they have the decency not to claim
the record.

Ian

--
Walter Kahn