Old July 18th 04, 05:06 PM
Henryk Birecki

Alternatively, you can buy VLtoIGC program and download it directly to
your PDA without any hassles. See http://www.soaringpilotsoftware.com,
or http://www.Cumulus-Soaring.com

Henryk Birecki

(Mark James Boyd) wrote:

This is what I use---a floppy with bootable DOS and vali-gcs.exe
on it, and the download.exe (or whatever the name is).
I just boot from this and viola! Don't gotta worry about
.dll's or any of the XP windoze garbage'

I carry a couple of these disks with me on the flight too,
so if I land out at a gliderport, I can just download using a
computer there...haven't had to do this yet in reality tho...

I have found that a Self Booting DOS Floppy or CD with the
Download/Verify program(s) is a useful tool.
Tim Newport-Peace