Old August 23rd 04, 02:31 AM
Quebec Tango

This is incorrect. Scorers posting the scores directly to the website (as I
did at Hobbs) are the exception and not the approved procedure. I quote
from Dennis Wright:
[snip]
Scorer is instructed to send the daily scores to .
person, by name, takes them off and using a password that
gets her administrator access to the web site, posts the scores. No e-mail
scores to the web site. person received no
scores
this past weekend from the scorer in Uvalde. We would allow the
scorer to post their own scores directly to the web site if it were
not for the fact that we put our entire web site at risk each time we
allow an outsider administrator access to the site

[snip]
And NO,
I will not give scorers access to our web site. I now know a little
something about scorers and I can't trust them to send a simple
e-mail...I'm dang sure not gonna give them unfettered access to our
web site!

"Thomas Knauff" wrote in message
hlink.net...

The SSA supposedly has nothing to do with posting of the scores. The
scores
are posted by the folks at the contest site direct to the web.

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
"Guy Byars" wrote in message

.. .

Maybe when each contest has its own webserver in the scoring office
with
personnel who are trained and motivated, such things might be possible,

in
the meantime, I think it is wishful thinking.

Guy Byars

Something like this perhaps?.....

http://www.glider.com/2004nats/default.htm

Maybe Bill could be invited to all the contests as he provides such
excellent coverage :)

Bob