Old December 30th 04, 12:57 AM
Eric Greenwell

Andy Blackburn wrote:
The
TAS and temperature are not recorded in the 302 flight
log,
unfortunately, but they could be recorded by the Ipaq
connected to it
and inserted in the flight log it keeps, and this log
used for the analysis.

Neat idea - is that a configuration item on the 302
and/or WinPilot, or do you need to write software/firmware
to make it happen?

I don't know about Winpilot, but it's not part of SeeYou Mobile. I think
it could easily be added by SeeYou and included in the Ipaq flight log
it can already keep, and I've suggested it to SeeYou. It's just another
data "sentence" that the 302 can send out.

Of course you'd still need to calibrate
the 302 IAS transducer

The sensor could be (probably is already) calibrated by Cambridge and
other labs when it is calibrated for flight recorder use.

for each sailplane type,

You wouldn't have to measure your pitot/static system if you were
interested only in your glider, and not in comparing the data with data
from other gliders; for example, if you just wanted to maximize your use
of the flaps and speeds.

but
at least then it would automate the data capture for
the kinds of performance testing Dick Johnson does.

I'm sure he does use an automated logger of some kind. I don't think
he's used a "vibrating panel" for quite a while!

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA