Old January 26th 05, 02:50 PM
Wayne Paul

Todd,

The answers to your questions are not currently available; however, here is
what the AOPA has to say on the subject.

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/elt.html?PF

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
"Tim Mara" wrote:

406 mzh will not be "mandated" in gliders since gliders are not

"mandated"
to have ELT's!.

Thanks, Tim.

Yes, I'm aware that gliders are not mandated to have ELT's,
but airplanes are, (unless used for instruction and flown
locally, etc.) so my "mandate" question really related to
airplanes. Do you know if there is any plan to:

a) require airplanes to remove their 121.5 ELTs and replace
them with 406's or

b) require new installations to use only the new 406 units?

Since the C91 units were grandfathered in when the new C91a
units were mandated, I presume a) is unlikely, but what
about (b)? Will they be optional or required for meeting ELT
requirements.