Old February 17th 05, 09:58 PM
Andrew Venor

John Szalay wrote:
Rob van Riel wrote in
news

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:47:38 +0000, Jerry Ennis wrote:

"The CIA and the U-2 Program, 1954-1974" is available in PDF format at
http://www.cia.gov/csi/books/U2/u2.pdf.
Modification of U-2s for carrier operations are discussed on pp.
247-251 and a photo showing markings is on p. 249.

Great, this document goes a long way toward making the model buildable.

Rob

You are going to have ask some folks from those floating "birdfarms"
but I seem to remember something about some South American countries
being allowed to use US carriers for training while those carriers
were passing close to their waters while on transit around the horn.
so that could add some French built birds to your list..

not sure if it was just for approach training or actual traps and
launch.
Professional courtesy, as it were..

I remember when the Lincoln was down there in 1991 on a trip around Cape
Horn the Argentine Navy only did touch and go landings with their
Skyhawks and Super Etendards. The ship didn't have the equipment to
hook those planes to the catapult.

I guess I now am going to have to dig through the boxes and find the
pictures I took of the Argentine planes from vultures row.

ALV