Old February 23rd 05, 11:35 PM
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
ups.com...
Sad thing is tht there was probably an engineer that said to his boss
"Sir, the crank is undersize for this increase in horsepower. We
should up the diameter and change the crankcase accordingly".
Management reply: "That would cost too much and marketing says we need
this engine ready next month. No time or money for re-tooling or a new
casting. Make it work"

I hear this kind of warped logic all the time where I am now.....

Hmmm...Colin Kingsbury (in this group) says that sort of thing is common in
software development and infers that it's a _good thing_.