Old February 27th 05, 04:15 AM
NW_PILOT

"jd-10" wrote in message
In article ,
Matt Whiting wrote:

People talk about safety like it is an absolute and it simply isn't. It
depends on the circumstances

I've read this entire thread and while everyone else is too PC to say
it, I will:

You are a *****ing* fool. As big a fool as the OP. Flying single-engine
in the mountains at night is like playing Russian roulette with 4 of six
loaded.

You are a corpse waiting to happen. If you fly with your wife, she is as
well. It's death-wish assholes like you that give all the reasonable and
prudent GA pilots a bad name.

You're no different than a guy I used to see in Montana, at the annual
Schafer fly-in. I saw him drink two beers and then jump in his 185 and
go fly.

At the time, I told a friend "that guy is a corpse waiting to happen.
He's one of those guys who thinks **** won't happen to him, and one of
these days he's going to paint himself into a corner he can't get out
of."

Less than a year later, the guy was dead, killed in a collision with a
cumulo-granite not far from Schafer, scud running. He took two others
with him, the son of a bitch.

You remind me of that guy. No regard for your own safety, much less the
safety of others. I hope you wise up before you kill your wife.
--
JD-10

I would rather fly over the mountains at night in a single engine than drive
on today's highways theres way to many people out there that are on some
kind of mind altering substance "pansy pills" and some people think calling
some one you dont know a "*****ing* fool" may not be the safest thing to do
in this day and age also.

If I seen someone down 2 beers and junp in to an airplane I would do what
ever was in my power to try and stop the person from taking off. But from
what you said you could also be a fool for just sitting and talking about it
doing nothing.

Ohh!!! There is a big diffreance in flying over mountians at night in a
single engine airplane. Than drinking and flying!

Some of us weigh risk in different ways, in this part of the country even if
it were during the day we may only have a 3 to 5% better chance of surviving
if it was daytime. The terrain we fly over sometimes it can take 4 to 6
hours to walk a mile in it and most the time no wreckage can be found.

People in Seattle Area did they ever find that L39 that disappeared in the
cascades this fall?