Old March 4th 05, 10:33 PM
ET

"Colin W Kingsbury" wrote in
nk.net:

"Montblack" wrote in message
("jgalban" wrote)
snip

What's the skinny on carrying a gun when flying in Alaska?

Regs or recommendation?

Inside Alaska? I don't think the state requires a permit even for
concealed carry of handguns, and IIRC the state laws used to require
carrying a rifle or shotgun as part of survival supplies on commercial
air taxis, though they now only stipulate "reasonable supplies" or
something like that. I think the real issue is crossing in and out of
Canada. Long guns properly secured and declared shouldn't pose a
problem but I don't think the customs guys will take nicely to
handguns.

-cwk.

I've heard horror stories from the RV (campers) crowd of whole RV's
being confiscated when a gun was found. I think I would Fedex my gun to
AK if I needed it....

--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams