Old March 9th 05, 11:37 AM
Scott

Mozilla offers just a browser, don't they? He would still need at least
a dial up ISP. If he lives in a small town, there may not be any of the
free dial up (non long distance) providers such as Net Zero, etc.

Scott

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
Greybeard wrote:

Probably permanently, SBC jacked the monthly up from $29 to $49, my
usage is declining to almost zero. Tied to the house, can't be gone
more than an hour at a time, and that's stretching it. If my
daughters trach plugs, I've got a very short time to either clear it
or get her to the hospital.
No loss, my email has been particularly dead, maybe one in two weeks
now. Doesn't matter, finding that my airport "friends" are
"aquaintances".
No other reliable service available here, SBC doesn't want to spend
any money to upgrade the phone lines and equipment, and dial up is
totally unreliable. Basically, we have a 1950's phone service, but
not as good.

Don't bother answering, in ten minutes now, the modem will be removed
and in the trash, I traded the compuker for a couple of HO scale brass
locomotives. I have others, but they don't have modems, and will
never be subjected to on line virus if I can help it.

Greybeard/Lennie the Lurker.

Mozilla is free at Mozilla.org.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired