Old March 17th 05, 10:11 AM
Bert Willing

Actually, 50 ft is not particularily high... :-)

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Bruce" a écrit dans le message de news:
Emotion tends to remove the analytical, I have found it is very
difficult to convince anyone of your position when their's has become
established. For me, the "safety" equation more than balances the
"fun" equation. When you are finishing at 50 feet and 150 mph and
something goes wrong there really aren't too many options. Rember
"Don't try to teach a pig to sing, it probably won't work and it annoys
the pig."

OK Devil's advocate stuff...

At least on a 50' finish you can be reasonably sure there is no glider
below you in your blind spot. When you are that low the only thing beneath
you is ground, and presumably you have good situational awareness relating
to where it is going ;-)Effectively you remove one degre of freedom from
your conflicting traffic equation. Also - everyone knows what your
intentions are, the moment you cross the line. Not least important is the
psychological effect of - "any stupidity now is going to be in clear
view" - one assumes this tends to focus the mind a little.

With a higher / further finish you open up the options a little.