Old January 10th 05, 09:48 PM
B2431

From: (Floyd L. Davidson)
Date: 1/9/2005 11:09 Central Standard Time
"Blueskies" wrote:
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message

.com...
No one has mentioned that cable mining is much safer and easier with laced

cables and can be impossible with ty
wrapped cables.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

What is cable mining?

New cables are laid into cable racks on top of old cables, and
the old ones that are no longer used are just cut off where they
enter the cable rack and left in place. Eventually, of course,
the cable rack fills up with old unused cable.

When I used to work C-130s I would get called out to identify "extra" cannon
plugs that didn't seem to attach to anything. Most commonly were the 2 behind
the instrument panel that went to the old ADI and ADI amp. I wonder if they are
still there.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired