Old March 26th 05, 05:56 PM
Bill Daniels

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
ink.net...
But, if the accidents occur due to dehydration, then passing a test while
fully hydrated may not reduce the risk of the accident at the end of the
flight.

If we are serious about the dehydration at the conclusion of the flight as
being the problem, then while the pilot is approaching, ground control at
the finish line could ask a few math questions that require the ability to
reason quickly. Failing those tests, the pilot is not authorized to do

the
high speed approach, and must simply land.

Although not a contest pilot, I have suffered from noise fatigue (11 hour
flight in an airplane), dehydration and extreme bowel enlargement

syndrome.
However, I must admit that if the high speed pass is expected, I would
certainly consider it - unless I had an out. Peer pressure certainly
affects men who have not entirely grown up.

Perhaps we could do the high speed pass at the start of the contest?

Colin

Dehydration is an easy problem to solve - drink water. Lost pilots skills
is harder to fix, that requires constant practice.

Bill Daniels