Old January 18th 05, 04:37 AM
Ron Wanttaja

From: "Ebby"

Date: 1/17/2005 19:47 Central Standard Time
Didn't at one time a pilot require a radio station license to legally
operate two-way radio equipment?

I don't remember what kind of license it was, but the FCC also required
licenses for R/C and CB at one tme. I always wondered how I was supposed to
give my station identification with my R/C ticket.

Dunno about R/C and CB, but back when I started to fly, we were required to
obtain the FCC Radiotelephone Operators Permit. No test, but there was like a
$5 charge. Still got mine, though my 2nd Class probably covers me if I fly
outside the US.

Ron Wanttaja