Old April 2nd 05, 09:36 PM
Marty from Florida

Thanks for the replies. I recently read that my panel mounted intercom,
(David Clark Isocom), also has a sidetone function. I wonder if the sidetone
in the radio (TKM-MX385), is conflicting with the intercom's sidetone?

Just a thought. I'd like to have a quick, easy fix, but it's looking more
complex than I'm comfortable messing with. Do these Nav/Com's have an input
for a PTT cable? Where should my yoke mounted PTT wire go, the intercom or
the radio?

Marty

"Marty from Florida" marty@-x-x-x- remove -x-x- worth.net wrote in message
.. .
Hey again.

I have a new TKM Nav/Com (Michel MX385) in a 1982 C152. The radio is

great,
clean, lots of volume. The sidetone, however, is very faint, almost a
whisper, and it's making me nuts. On a rare occasion, while I'm
transmitting, the whisper blasts out for a brief second, and returns to
nearly imperceptible. The intercom is about 5 years old, but the box over
the radio seems to be original (Nav 1/2 switch, sidetone VOL). It has a
sidetone 'volume' button which rotates freely, and seems to be turning a

Pot
inside. Has anyone had this issue, and what is/was the resolve? I don't

want
to pay a shop 4 hours for an easy fix issue.

Thanks in advance.
Marty