Old April 9th 05, 01:37 AM
Morgans

"Montblack" wrote in message

Speaking of marine grade plywood (I paid $77 w/tax for a sheet of 3/4"

last
year) is there such a thing as marine grade + green treated that they

sell?
That's what I wanted, couldn't find any. Something about varnish + green
preservative doesn't do well together I was told. (???)

It was for a carpeted-over floor in a 16 ft boat. We ended up spar
varnishing our sheet a number of times.

Montblack

Yea, I know what you mean.

A friend wanted to do the same thing. We found a place that treats wood,
and got him to throw in some sheets of marine grade into his treating
thingy, the next time he was running a load. We then (after waiting for it
to dry out some) put it down and put a layer of fiberglass cloth and epoxy
over it all, before laying the carpet. It looks like new, about 5 years
later.
--
Jim in NC