Old April 21st 05, 07:25 PM
Don Johnstone

When all else fails blame the pilot, especially a dead
one, he ain't going to argue is he. You may of course
be right but just think about the assumption you have
all made. Would you want someone to think that of you?
I think you might have the common decency to wait for
the result of the official enquiry before sentence.
Shame on you all.

At 18:00 21 April 2005, Ramy wrote:
One word to describe this: ABSURD.
Thinking of those unsuspecting passengers who put their
lives in the
hands of someone they believe is very experienced.

Ramy

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu wrote:
The USA requirements are way too low. No real soaring
experience
required. I think that all ratings should be required
to demonstrate
real soaring skills, not just flying skills. This
is about the third
accident in Hawaii with similar stall spin characteristics
into the
trees.

Commercial Pilot-Glider: FAR 61.121-61.141
Age requirement: at least 18 years of age.
* Be able to read, speak, write, and understand
English.
* Hold at least a private pilot certificate (for
heavier-than-air
aircraft.)
For initial certificate issuance, pass a knowledge
test (FAR
61.125) and practical test (61.127). The launch method(s)
endorsed in
the pilot's logbook (61.31(j)) determines in which
type of launch(s)
the pilot has demonstrated proficiency.
*
There are two levels of experience required for issuance
of a
commercial certificate;
1.At least 25 hours as a pilot in gliders,
including;
1. 100 flights in gliders as pilot
in command; and,
2. 3 hours of flight training or 10