Old April 25th 05, 10:10 AM

Considering the fact that the whole fleet of F/A-18E/F & EA-18G in
future IS NOT to refuel F-35s, but IS to refuel all F/A-18s and UAVs, I
think emerging that question again is probable.

By the way, I learnt it just a few weeks ago that who actually invented
aerial refueling were Germans in WWII. They also thought about a winged
fuel tank towed by a bomber. Quite an interesting idea. To be adopted
in F/A-18s to compensate "short legs" problem?;-)

Best regards,

Jacek Zemlo

Mike Kanze wrote:

When the Prowler came into service in the early 1970s, the question

in some
misinformed quarters was:

"How much gas can it give?"

This was actually a very serious question coming from folks

accustomed to
operations with the Electric Whale (EKA-3B). With tanking assets at a

premium, I am sure this question will resurface with the Growler if

it
hasn't already.