Old May 2nd 05, 02:23 AM
Mitty

Default DFAFIF airport data problems?

I recently got a tablet PC, HP TC1100, and a little bluetooth GPS receiver to go
with it. Rode in the back seat of an Arrow this afternoon and played for a
couple of hours with the APIC software. Lots of warts on APIC, one of which was
missing airports. I'm in the Minneapolis area and just west of us are Maple
Lake KMGG and Buffalo KCFE. Both have hard surface runways & IAPs. Neither of
these was on the moving map, but there were some weird designators like M19,
4MN9, and M99 that appear to be grass strips that I've never heard of.

Tonight I downloaded NavGPS trial version and -- lo and behold -- same problem.
Same missing and weird airports.

So ... this appears to be a DAFIF problem. I was under the impression that
DAFIF data was pretty good, but this does not seem to be the case. Can anyone
comment or confirm?