Old May 2nd 05, 03:43 AM
Mitty

So... all of these moving map programs that use DAFIF data will omit large
numbers of hard surface runways with IAPs ? We are left with only Jeppe$$en?

Bummer!

On 5/1/2005 9:05 PM, Paul Tomblin wrote the following:
In a previous article, said:

missing airports. I'm in the Minneapolis area and just west of us are Maple
Lake KMGG and Buffalo KCFE. Both have hard surface runways & IAPs. Neither of

You're right, KMGG and KCFE are not in the DAFIF data. They are in the
FAA data, however. DAFIF doesn't have airports that aren't of any use to
the US Military. Neither of those airports has a runway over 2800 feet,
which probably isn't long enough to land a F-16.