Old May 4th 05, 04:41 AM
Montblack

("jim" wrote)
Was watching a video on the minivan that Bert designed and shot into
space. He seems like a interesting person but I can't believe he is that
laided back when designing planes and minvans that fly into outer space,
is he a dick or a cool dude?

A: Dick is Burt's brother. Dick flew the Voyager around the world,
non-stop, with Jeana Yeager.

Richard "Dick" Rutan was born in Loma Linda, California, on July 1, 1938. An
eager individual, Rutan earned both his pilot's and driver's licenses on his
16th birthday. At the age of 19 he joined the Air Force Aviation Cadet
Program and was later commissioned a lieutenant in the Air Force. He flew
325 missions over Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War until September
1968, when his F-100 plane sustained a hit from enemy fire and he had to
eject from his aircraft. He evaded capture and was rescued by American
forces. Due to his exemplary military record, Rutan received the Silver
Star, five Distinguished Flying Crosses, 16 Air Medals, and a Purple Heart.

B: I will meet Burt Rutan in 3 weeks - I'll let you know if he is a cool
dude.

C: For the tough jobs, they always call in the minivans!!
http://tinyurl.com/7qa9s
http://tinyurl.com/cpegd

Montblack