Old May 19th 05, 10:39 PM
Rich Grise

Default Looking for KFC225 autopilot red disconnect button

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:20:48 +0100, Peter wrote:

Hi,

Someone has lost the red "disconnect" button onmy KFC225 autopilot.

Honeywell want a lot of money for a whole new switch. Would anyone
know who makes this switch? It looks like a standard pushbutton
switch, with a button about 9mm diameter.

I could make a new button easily enough if I knew the thread used in
the centre of the button (the button has a male screw on it). It
certainly isn't metric.

If you _know_ it's not metric, it's probably 4-40 or 6-32. These are
standard thread sizes in that size of stuff. I've seen those buttons
before, so I'm pretty confident about that. Are you in a metric-only
country?

The switch manufacturer is probably one of the well known names...

Any info would be much appreciated.

One of these links might have some useful info:
http://www.google.com/search?q=pushbutton+switch

Good Luck!
Rich