Old May 21st 05, 02:12 AM
John T Lowry

"buttman" wrote in message
oups.com...
It is only exhausted because it is entropy. If the exhaust pipe wasn't
there the heat would build up and reek havoc. The closed system is the
inside of the engine. Energy comes in as fuel, energy comes out as
shaft rotation. No ENERGY is leaving the exhause pipe, only the
entropy
associated with the chemical reaction in the cylinders.

Anyways, if I could change my name it would be to Cornelius Charles
Buttman III, but I can't do that because my kids (when I have them)
will get made fun of.

Need some reading there. It's not a closed system, and energy does come
out the exhaust. Whether that energy is AVAILABLE is another question.

John Lowry, PhD (irreversible quantum statistical mechanics)
Flight Physics